VISA & PASSPORT INFORMATION
In order to enter Malaysia, visitors must have a national passport or other internationally recognized travel documents with an expiry date at least 6 months beyond the date of entry in Malaysia. All passports and travel documents must be endorsed for traveling in Malaysia.
Most visitors will not require visas to enter Malaysia, but this is dependent upon how long you will be in the country and your country of origin. Check the rules for various countries listed below to determine if you will require a visa.
A valid passport or other travel documents recognized by the Malaysian government is required of all visitors. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of entry, and any other travel documents should be endorsed with a valid re-entry permit.
Most visitors do not require a visa to enter Malaysia if their stay will be one month or less in duration and the purpose of the visit is business or social (see below for more detailed requirements).
However, visas are required at all times by nationals of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China (PR), India, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Vietnam. Nationals of these countries, except Nigeria, may be granted entry without a visa if they will be in Malaysia for less than 72 hours and are in possession of a confirmed forwarding airline ticket to a third country before arriving.
Visas are not required by the following for social or business visits:
- Nationals of EU countries for stays of up to 3 months (except nationals of Ireland for stays of up to 2 months and nationals of Greece and Portugal for stays of up to 1 month).
- Nationals of Commonwealth countries (except nationals of those countries mentioned above who do require a visa) for stays of up to 1 month; nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa for up to 3 months.
- Nationals of Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Bahrain, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Egypt, Hungary, Iceland, Japan, Jordan, Korea (Rep. of), Kuwait, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Morocco, Norway, Oman, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Slovak Republic, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, USA and Yemen for stays of up to 3 months.
- Nationals of Commonwealth of Independent States countries for stays of up to 1 month (except nationals of Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan for stays of up to 3 months).
- Nationals of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Palestine and Syria for up to 14 days.
- Nationals of all countries other than those mentioned above for stays of up to 1 month.
For further visa related information, visit the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Visa Requirements for Foreigners page.
The 5-star hotel, under the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand of the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is a prominent landmark strategically located within the heart of the city's banking, commercial and vibrant shopping district.
Enter a world of leisure and luxury in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Feel at ease in an ambiance that soothes and rejuvenates, where the ordinary ends and the extraordinary happens.
An international business-class hotel that emphasises efficiency comfort, security and value for money - all delivered with genuine Malaysian warmth and class.